Swirl pot/surge tank photos

To: "MGB-V8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, "TR8/wedge list" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Swirl pot/surge tank photos
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:44:41 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well, I finally got these scanned and posted to the AT&T server.
http://home.att.net/~spontius/MGBV8/surge_tank.htm
Photos are of the surge tank I had fabricated at a local welding shop to
feed a fuel injected Rover SD1 V8 transplanted into a '78 MGB.   I don't
know if there is room for something like this on a TR7V8.  This tank is
actually larger than it needs to be, but I figured that if I was going to go
to the trouble, I might as well get some backup fuel capacity out of the
deal...

The tank was done at Elco Welding in Venice (California), they do great
work.  I was not able to find the receipt, but I seem to recall that they
only charged me for an hour or hour and a half of labor, plus a few bucks
for aluminum and fittings.

Scott Pontius
'78 MGB V8
'82 Lotus Eclat S2 Riviera