Re: Rover 3.9 Rebuild ?

To: Michael Hartwig <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>, mgb-v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rover 3.9 Rebuild ?
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Michael,

We have the same V-6 timing cover from JC Whitney.  It
worked fine on my 215, except it didn't have a timing
mark. Without the mark it makes it somewhat difficult
to tune, and you get harrassed by others who try to
tune your car for you ( Jack E :-) ) about why you
didn't put the mark on while you had everything apart
the first time.   I'll put a new mark on when the
engine is set back to TDC.

I agree that I definately don't want to mix and match
on the front bolt-ons, pulleys, water pump etc.  I've
pretty well decided to use all my existing Buick
components.  It's always good to get a second opinion.

Glenn

http://games.yahoo.com/