Changing Master cylinders

To: "mgb-v8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changing Master cylinders
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:26:06 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
More headaches.  Trying to replumb the brake lines with stainless tubing.  The
crazy Brits used a metric thread in the master cylinder, so I have to use an
adapter fitting to go to an AN flare.  By the time I put the adapter on, the
brake line will not fit between the body and cylinder.

Has anyone replaced their master cylinder?  I've looked at the aftermarket
cylinders, but their mounting flange is vertical.  Other problem is the brake
booster.  Most cylinders i've seen have the rod attached to the cylinder, not
separate like in the B.

I remember someone converting to a dual cylinder, but I can't find the site.

Any ideas?