Re: One or two for the road

To: m1garand@directvinternet.com|, m1garand@directvinternet.com ("James Jewell"), mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: One or two for the road
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:53:12 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
hypoid refers to a type of gear, so wouldnt hypoid gear oil be specific to
function with the curved ring and pinion?   Some gear oils creep 'backwards'
into the spin instead of slinging off.  I use different oil in my
'positraction' rear end than in the standard units, so I know there are
different oils for different applications.  If it were me, I'd just ask Red
Line or Castrol, Mobil, etc, and see what they say.