Re: Olds engine rebuilding

To: wulfmgbv8@attbi.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Olds engine rebuilding
From: "" <james_nazarian@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 00:41:36 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 Al,thanks for the good info.  I keep reading it and letting it sink in.  I
have all these ideas about the things I want to do while I have the engine out
and I am trying to prioritize, partially based on budget.  I still have a few
questions. 1)  I thought all of the T-5s used a slip yoke on the output shaft.
My T-10 uses a fixed yoke and a two piece drive shaft.  After the debacle with
the drive shaft I had last time I'm just curious. 2) Richmond makes a 5speed
T-10, new from Summit racing for $3000, obviously more than I want to spend but
I'm wondering if there is some drop in or more direct replacement gearbox then
to change to the T-5? 3)  I have an electronic speedo and the sender screws
into the cable fitting in the tranny, does the T-5 use the same speedo cable
thread?thanks in advance,James--- On Mon 12/02, Allen Wulf &lt;
wulfmgbv8@attbi.com &gt; wrote:
Don't about the driveshaft. I think the output shaft on a T-5 has 25splines.