Need steering column spline/u-joint contacts

To: "'mgb-v8@autox.team.net'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need steering column spline/u-joint contacts
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:44:15 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
To all:

Thanks for the feedback.  It looks like the steering shaft/header
interference problem on my SD1 will be solved shortly.

Thanks to Ted Shumacher for the contact info.  I've got u-joints and shaft
on the way in.  That cured one side, one of his gear reduction starters
cured the other.

Interesting:  The standard spline for MGB is .750 X 48, the steering rack on
the Rover is .750 x 48, but the steering column is 9/16 x 36 which makes the
replacement shaft bit a tad complicated.

Hopefully the Rover will be up and operating this weekend.  Then I can get
back to working on the MGB again.

all the best

Kelvin.