Mounting points

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mounting points
From: "JJJ" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:00:59 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
All,
    I have a couple of Buick 300 heads for my projects.  I've been told that
the mounting points (that 3-bolt pattern on each end) is the same on the 300
as later Buick v-6 engines.  I bought an alternator bracket from a mid-80's
Buick V-6, and it doesn't seem to line up with the 3 holes.
    Can anyone tell me what they have used for alternator/AC/power-steering
brackets?  Do any of the other GM products fit, like brackets from Chevy,
pontiac, olds, etc?  What about Rover?
    In general, do most accessories bolt to the head or the
water-pump/timing cover?  Will one setup give more room between the engine
and the radiator than another?

Many thanks as usual to the collective generosity of the group.
James J.

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
IMSTP.gif]