Off Topic - RealOne Player sucks

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Off Topic - RealOne Player sucks
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:02:44 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I own a small software company although "small" may be too grandiose word to use, and my forte is user interfaces. Thus when I find a 'bad' software package I like to warn people about it.

I down loaded RealOne but it is too too fussy and has the usual loads of totally annoying-in-your-your-face options. I decided to un-install it. Guess what? Like our friends at AOL they make it extremely difficult to get rid of it. I tried using GoBack which took me back to were my drive would be before installing - but RealOne still popped up. It would not allow me to switch to Win Media Player. So in desperation I deleted the directory (which has to be done file by file) then used Norton Win Doctor to repair 49 errors caused by this rash procedure. But I am now FREE. My advice is not to use RealOne unless you really really want it.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net
///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.