Re: cooling the engine bay

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cooling the engine bay
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:15:27 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
While overheating will always be an important topic of conversation on this
list, it isn't exactly my problem.  My car will run 180 all day long, on
long stretches of 70mph+ in traffic I'll hit 190 but as soon as I hit clean
air again it drops to 180 even in the sweltering heat and humidity of Ohio
summer.

Tomorrow is supposed to be our hottest and most humid day yet, and I think
it will be a great day to log the temps at the carb body so look for some
results tomorrow night.

I don't want to cut anyone short, just trying to keep the question of how to
cool the carb body in sight.  This seems to have spawned quite a discussion
both here and on the mgs list and I am very appreciative of the good
suggestions being offered up, as well as for the experiences of the guys
that have been doing this longer then I have been alive.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram