Note of caution.

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Note of caution.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:33:08 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I recently installed a set of block hugger headers, Sanderson FF1 pre
'49,  on my TR3A with a 302.  The idea seemed good in principle and was
intended to give me more road clearance over my four tube full length
headers.  On my second test drive, total of the two 25 miles, the block
huggers set my driver's side motor mount on fire.

I use 1965 Mustang mounts which are a large rubber pad bonded to the
steel mounting plate.  The headers were just too close to the rubber.  I
called Sanderson and got nothing but denial this could happen.  Well
I'll tell you for a fact it can happen.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom