Ford 5.0 swap

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ford 5.0 swap
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:11:04 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Just out of curiosity.  Could somebody tell me how a Ford swap differs from
a BOPR.  I know there are a few people that have done both.  I have done a
215 and am considering either a Ford 5.0 conversion or a swap on another
car.  I don't have the means to do it now, but if the right wrecked mustang
were to appear, you never know.

Has anyone ever done one of the modular Ford V8s?

What I have been looking at is a FI 5.0, a T-5, and a mustang rear axle.  I
know the T-5 details, and I'm sure the rear axle would have to be narrowed.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer