Wheel weights!

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel weights!
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 12:00:01 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
For years I have put off weighing my 1960 TR3A V8 because it just was
not close enough to finished to suit me.  While it is not finished, are
they ever, I decided to weigh it this morning.  I used a set of Rebco
electronic wheel scales I have left over from when I was racing.  These
weights are without any compensating weight in the drivers seat for me,
without the rollbar, and with a 1/4 tank of gas.  The results are below:

                LF              FRONT                   RF
                575 26.6%       1142  52.9%             567  26.2%

                L SIDE          TOTAL                   R SIDE
                1082  50.1%     2156                    1074  49.9%

                LR              REAR                    RR
                507  23.5%      1014  47.1%             507  23.5%

With the roll bar in and a full tank of gas I think I am going to come
in just right front to back.  I will have to add some weight to the
right side of the car to compensate for my weight and the slight
imbalance that already exists.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom