Ford 8.8 for sale

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Ford 8.8 for sale
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:07:19 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Gents,

I have recently settled on a change of direction for my V8; considering,
among many other factors, that I don't graduate college for another 14
months, I have put my rear axle change on indefinite hold.

As a result I am going to sell the axle that I have purchased.

It is a Ford 8.8 rear axle from an 87 Thunderbird Super Coupe.  It is a 3.55
Posi, with disk brakes, and integral parking/emergency brake.  The bolt
pattern on it is 4x4.25, and the axle is unmodified right now.  The disks
have surface rust, but my opinion is that they could be turned and put back
into service.  There is no ridge on the disks and the pads look brand new so
I'm guessing a brake job was done shortly before the car was parted out.
The case is dry, with a light surface rust on it, indicating that it was not
cleaned prior to my purchase, and that it does not leak.  Unlike the
Explorer version the diff is in the center of the axle now.

I have a lot of pictures available, and would be willing to answer any
questions that I can about it.  I would be happy to discuss what would need
to be done to fit the axle, including my design for a three link with
panhard rod.  I can't include the plans for liability reasons, but we can
talk.

It is located in Medina, Oh.  I still have the pallet that it was shipped to
me on, so it could be shipped again if desired.  The shipping manifest
doesn't show the shipping charge but I think it was about $85.  My
preference is to not ship it again.  I would like to get $250 for it plus
shipping, but will entertain offers.

I'll spare the my loss is your gain speech as we've all heard it before, but
I am hoping that there is someone here who is looking for an axle and we can
help each other out.

If anyone would rather talk in person, drop me an email and I'll send you my
phone #.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer