RE: Lowered Rear Springs on RB B

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lowered Rear Springs on RB B
From: "Terry Davis" <twdavis1@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 00:22:57 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Glenn, not from experience, but from reading the posts of others in a
Midget forum, the lowering springs are much better than the lowering
blocks, especially if you have any extra power.  I'm not sure of the
exact terminology that was used to explain this, but I do remember the
essence of the situation. The distance that the blocks create between
the springs and the differential mounting points is in effect a longer
lever that allows the differential to be more easily twisted by the
acting torque.  I hope that makes sense.  If not, I'll search the
archives of the forums where I read about this and see what I can
harvest for you.