LS1 MGB

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: LS1 MGB
From: <clindh@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:22:08 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi I'm Chris in Atlanta,

Is anyone working on putting the LS1 in an MGB?  I like how light the Rover
engine is (300 lbs. correct?)... but I'm thinking the LS1 without A/C or power
steering is going to be around 400lbs (vs. the 1st generation small block Chevy
 which is over 500 lbs.).  I've done quite a bit of searching but haven't found
anyone doing the swap (yet).  LS1s/T56s are plentiful as well.

I gave my brother my first car, a '77 MGB in sandglow.  He's just letting it
sit so I'm thinking about getting it back.  The 1800 ran fine before but I
think a V8 would be more my speed (my other projects are an '80 El Camino with
a 406 SBC / Doug Nash 5 speed and a '68 Chevelle SS396).

Thanks!
Chris