[Mgb-v8] Anybody got a 3.9 block??

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgb-v8] Anybody got a 3.9 block??
From: "James J." <m1garandusa@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 21:15:02 -0400
    Looking for someone who has an extra 3.9L block that they are
willing to part with on the cheap, and is willing to ship.
Despite having put on what I thought was a sufficient amount of oil on
the bores after having mine honed, is still developed some pitting in
three of the cylinders while being stored.  The machinist thinks it may
run OK, since they are towards the bottom of the stroke, but I don't
want to do this half-assed.
    Anyhow, it has to be a 3.9 block (not a 4.0 or 4.6) because I
already had my 300 crank turned down and internally balanced (damn, that
tungsten is expensive!!!).

V/R
James Jewell