Lucas PL700 source?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, trs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas PL700 source?
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 95 17:34:24 -0800
I looked closely at my Lucas PL700 headlamps yesterday in anticiaption of
mounting them back on the TR3.  I noticed that the silvering is starting to
rust.  I'm not sure you can stop the process in headlamps once it starts.
Assuming there are not companys that open up head lamps & resilver them, does
anyone know of a source for new PL700s?  Lucas makes a small batch on occasion
but I suspect this is one of the times when the pipelines are mostly empty and
before Lucas gets talked into making another batch.

The Roadster factory is out but someone may know of a source that is not.  I
sure would like to pack away a spare set until the time too much silvering turns
to rust.

twakeman@apple.com

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards