Re: '73 MGB Misc

To: Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: '73 MGB Misc
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 11:27:23 +0000
On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, Todd Mullins wrote:

> John M. Trindle writes:
> > Today, to discharge some frustration with this computer, I went out and
> > put new GT leaf springs on the rear.  Lots of fun wringing off U-bolts
> > and so forth (be SURE you get the U-Bolt/bushing kits).
>
> I've been toying with the idea of fitting the (presumably slightly
> stiffer) GT rear springs to my '74.  How do these affect the
> 1. ride height?
> 2. front/rear roll characteristics?

Well, on this particular car it raised the ride height about 2 inches,
but the old springs were very tired.

I would suspect the ride would be slightly higher.  I haven't noticed a
change in roll rate/amount.... the ride is much better since it isn't
hitting the stops on bumps.

John M. Trindle     | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB E Stock     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle