LEAKING CANISTER

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: LEAKING CANISTER
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 95 08:31:00 -0500
Chris Lenth with the leaking canister: I don't know
so much about weber carbs, but, I do know on SU carbs,
if the needle valves stick open, the fool pump will
just pump fool into the canister which will then pour
out the overflow. So, Chris, here's a test- turn the
ignition on, don't start the engine, listen for the
fool pump to stop. If it doesn't stop, look to see
excess fool pouring out the overflow of the canister.
If this is the case, either the floats in the weber
have sunk, or are set too out of spec, or the needle
valve has junk in it which will prevent it from closing.

Alan