Re: Rational Enthusiasm & Carb Styles

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rational Enthusiasm & Carb Styles
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 00:19:21 -0600
sfisher:

>us, success is a HELL of a lot more frightening, if only because we're
>used to failure.  It's comfortable.  Even more significant is the thought
>that as long as we don't have what makes us happy, we have the
>perfect excuse for not having our lives work out.
>
>And as long as we have an excuse, it's not our fault.  And that makes
>most people happier than whatever it is they want to achieve in life...

schnittke;

I think for me it boiled down to being afraid of the extra responsibility
that success offered. When I was a kid and I got fed up with how ratty my
room was and clean it up, my mom would say s**t like "Now that I know how
good a job you can do I expect it to be done like that all the time." Thanks
Mom.

We going in for an exploratory on the maroon this weekend. Things I know:
1. Tiny green bubbles on the head just under the valve cover over #2
2. Bad rings (unless I cock the oil filler cap, Old Faithful out the dipstick)*

#1. My fualt
#2. S***head PO

On the other hand I finally tried my hand at a chicken kiev tonight and the
look on Jette's face after dinner was worth all the trouble. Washed it down
with a beaujolais blanc and I feel totally sated.

GS

* Which brings up a question that I still have yet to formulate, but if
someone heads me off at the pass I'll take an answer. I'll let you know
later what the question was. It involves a vacuum at the oil filler cap.
Without danger there is no theater.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com