Re: Practical Classics MGB Restoration series

To: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: Practical Classics MGB Restoration series
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 15:03:35 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Mar 1995, W. Ray Gibbons wrote:

> I did not save it, but someone said there is a very useful series of
> articles on MGB restoration in recent issues of Practical Classics.  That
> is about the only mag in the world I don't take.  My question is, Classic
> Carbooks advertises "Practical Classics on MGB Restoration" for $16.95.  I
> intend to order it.  The question is, did they publish the book before the
> individual articles appeared (this book has been available for some
> time), or is the just completed series a new and better one than
> appeared in the book?  I don't want to go phoning jolly old england and
> spending megabucks ordering reprints if I can get the series for $16.95.

I have this book (or the one on Triumphs, I forget), and the quality is
similar to photocopied articles.  The pictures are >very< hard to make out.

If the reprints are color I'd go for those... or go for the book and then
ask for reprints of the articles which seem useful.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Racecar spelled backwards is ... racecar - Anon"