Spridget w/Datsun tranny

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridget w/Datsun tranny
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 09:00:59 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Yesterday, in response to my inquiry regarding the great Mini/Spridget
debate, someone on the list answered back that they'd prefer a bugeye with a
1275, disk brakes and a Datsun 5-speed tranny.  I hastily deleted the
message and now wish I hadn't.  Would the person who sent it to me contact
me again, please.  ? :-) ?   I'm interested in getting *any* additional
details on that tranny swap.  Any other net wisdom on this swap?

There is a mkII sprite lurking in an in-law's gargae, and the thought of a
convenient 5-speed tranny swap makes the car even that much more appealing.
Even if I don't get into the thing (again, I'll refer you to my spouse), I'd
like to get more info to file in the "what if" drawer.

Many thanks,
Will Zehring

P.S.  For the record, the limited response I got on the Mini/spridget debate
was pretty evenly split.  I'm still thinking about Scott Fisher's posting; I
mean...  I have several pairs of sox, but I wear all of them for the same
purpose.  I will grant that sox are cheeper than lbcs, but...

P.P.S.  Non-lbc content:  did anyone watch the F1 race?  Did you pick up
Damon Hill's awkward interview before the race, referring to the car he's
set his... "backside" down on?  There'll always be an England.