Re: high mileage... segue to Lucas ramblings

To: owner-mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: high mileage... segue to Lucas ramblings
From: "Bert Ljungstrom" <S5P7@acad1.csd.unbsj.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 20:11:18 AST
 Allen Bachelder writes,

I have Volvo-collector-friends who are really contemptuous of my
MGBs.  But if I collected Volvos I might never have learned to build
an engine! Perhaps it is the fragility, the vulnerablity, of these
cars that endears them to us.  Who was it who said "I could never give
up my British car - it needs me!"?

    I have to wonder if Volvo and MG are really as mutually exclusive
as Allen's friend seems to make them seem. :-)  They appear to have
some common ancenstry in the B series engine. I grew up with Volvos
(six or seven if memory serves) and I have developed rather a soft
spot for them.
    Anyway, the idea of putting a B18 in the My MGB (the BB) is a
rather intriguing. Does anyone know how similar they are? Is it
possible, plausible, inasane?  Could anyone even consider calling IPD
for parts with out having some kind of identity crisis.

Allen isn't the only one having to do his taxes!

Bert Ljungstrom