Help with MGA Serial Numbers

Subject: Help with MGA Serial Numbers
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 95 12:27:00 PDT
I have just acquired the remnants of an MGA which I hope to put back into a
fairly original shape. The car has had a checkered past including some
period in which it was raced. (Roll bar still in it.)

Anyway, my dilemma is that I cannot immediately establish the year of the
car owing to three factors:
          1) no title
          2) no makers serial number plate
          3) frame number which is worn/rusted into oblivion

I, however, do have the engine and body number as follows:
          engine number 15GD-U-H-4250
          body number 78358

Does someone have access to a list of serial/engine/body numbers which I
could interpolate to come up with an approximate serial number and year? I
know the MGCC registers have lists of chassis numbers for many cars, but
does this include the MGA?

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Lew Palmer