Help with MGA Serial Number

Subject: Help with MGA Serial Number
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 95 08:39:00 PDT
Thanks to all that responded with suggestions for locating serial numbers.

In summary, what was suggested was:

     1) British Motor Heritage Industry Trust - I will be writing and asking
for a reverse number search (engine number to chassis number).

     2) NAMGAR - Likewise, I'll be calling.

     3) Victoria British catalog - indeed, this dates the engine to early
1959.

The last point is being confirmed by many Lucas part code dates I am finding
on various parts. Most are around November 1958 to March 1959.

Again, many thanks!

Lew Palmer
lew@uci.com