Importation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Importation
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 00:26:27 -0500
There's a lady in the CI$ Auto's Forum with a problem, and I thought maybe
someone here might be able to help.

Reposted from CI$;

Hi there, this is my first message, so be kind please.

I live in Toronto and am moving to the Boston area for a couple of years. I
have been advised that in order to get my '75 Midget across the border, I
need a letter of compliance from the manufacturer. I seem to be having some
trouble getting this information. Time is of the essence as I still have to
send this letter to Washington and get a response from them before I can
take the car across at the end of May.

Does anyone have any suggestions on who I can contact for this letter of
compliance or any other tips on bringing the car across the border?

Thanks very much......................Yvonne. 74767,3510

Her predicament seemed like something of interest to the list. I'm sure it's
been gone over before, but I haven't seen it recently. I'll be glad to
forward the replies to her.

GS
"Why a duck?"
             -Chico

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com