Re: More silly MG Questions

To: spenderg@sol.uvic.ca
Subject: Re: More silly MG Questions
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 22:58:11 -0400
I've got a 67 B (identical in practice to your 66) and put a late folding top
with a zip-out rear window on last year. (LOVE IT!!!) In the hot summer sun
on a long trip, getting ventilation without sunburn and windburn is a real
plus. [before I get accused of wimping out, I must qualify this by saying
that I only use this on Long trips...like 3 hours+ in 100 degree plus
weather, and if you see me doing otherwise, it must be my wife's fault :-) ]
The easy way to do this is to find a later model, Micheloti style folding top
frame... (swap meet, auto dismantler, Hemmings ad, etc)
The late model frame is the one that folds up like you think it should, front
to back, not inward. this works great and gives instant top access.
Unfortunatly, it also takes up all that room behind the seat. If you don't
wish to do this, it should work on the header rail from the early take-apart
top as well, everything appears to be the same size, but measure carefully
around the edges to be sure...the header rail is the same but I don't know
about the height, or the  fit around the back of the windows where the frame
is. From all appearences it should work
Best of luck
John