Re: suspension animation

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: suspension animation
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 09:32:31 -0400
I've been out of the office for a few days,  and it looks like this has
been pretty well hashed out.  Just a few additional thoughts.

(Will Z. writes much about body roll on his MG)

For an excellent read on the subject, check out "How To Make Your
Car Handle", by Fred Puhn.

Also, when my dad raced his Sprite, he would drain the oil in the lever
shocks and replace it with straight STP Oil Treatment.  The higher
viscosity meant stiffer shocks.  Remember, (in general) shocks control
transient response (turn-in, bounces) and sway bars control steady-state
response (roll in turns once suspension is settled).

Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com) Spits in bits, '89 Escort GT (DSP)