Re: Electrical question

To: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electrical question
From: fisher@avistar.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 10:15:02 -0800
At  7:26 AM 4/6/95 -0400, John M. Trindle wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Apr 1995, Scott Fisher wrote:
>
>> That's not an electrical question, it's an ignition question.  An
>> electrical question on these cars means something like, "When I
>> turn the lights on, the car makes this funny gurgling noise from
>> behind the driver's seat.  What's going on?"
>>

>Hey, I know this one!
>
>It means your headlights are shorted to your horns.  The gurgling sound
>is that of the battery boiling.

And the duck drops down and gives the man a hundred dollars!

Actually, I have boiled all the water out of at least one battery, on
Highway 1 about 26 miles north of Cambria (where?), roughly in
line with Hearst Castle on the central California coast.

>Do I win? (Well, I did find out what was going on and stopped it before I
>killed the battery for good.  I guess that's a win!)

Well, it is and it isn't, as they say in Ireland.  On the one hand, you
didn't kill the battery.  On the other... it's been a few years since I
told the story of my Great Car Adventure on Hwy 1, maybe I'll look
it up and see if I've still got it.  Next week, perhaps.  Let's just say
that some of my best memories have come from times when
the car failed.  If everything always went exactly as expected, the
Universe would still be a cloud of boiling gas.

--Scott "Not unlike certain parts of the Net" Fisher