more on the key thing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: more on the key thing
From: woodcomp@vt.edu (chris lenth)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 21:15:20 +0600
thanks for all of your suggestions for key blanks, etc.  The local locksmith
which I have consulted (Allen, I did go to Brians L&K) has a blank for the
lock, and wow! it's even an MG blank!  The problem comes in trying to deduce
the numbers on the lock to determine a cut sequence to use in creating a new
key.  While I was there, we couldn't find anything listed for the numbers I
previously posted.  They were going to keep looking, and also said that they
might be able to make an impression from the inside of the lock and create a
key from that.  This could be difficult, however, because the lock is worn.
I was wondering if anyone had ever had a new key made when no old keys
existed from which to make copies.

thanks again

chris "still starting with a screwdriver" lenth