Todd's '74B distrib.

Subject: Todd's '74B distrib.
From: John Van Valkenburgh <jvan@nando.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 20:56:42 -0400 (EDT)
>Eeek!  What kind of funky tool do I need in order to remove my
>distributor?

>Todd Mullins
>todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

I just pulled the distributor on my '72 engine.  All you have to do is undo
the two (3/8 or 7/16) bolts which hold the backing plate on the engine.
Make note of where the rotor is pointing.  The two bolts are not real
easy to get to but they are accesible with an offset box end wrench and they
are very short.

You do *not* have to remove the pinch bolt.  This way, you can put the
distributor back in and the timing will be fairly close.  Note that there
is a little drive tang on the end of the distributor shaft so that the
worst you could do is have it in 180 degrees backwards.

Good Luck,

John Van Valkenburgh  KE4QBR
Raleigh, NC