Re: HELP MGB Tranny Dissasembly

To: Tom LeBlanc <leblanc@gdadmin.ucsb.edu>
Subject: Re: HELP MGB Tranny Dissasembly
From: Joanne Hershfield / Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 13:57:40 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks Tom, YUP.. bang, bang, bash, bash..... all comes free in its
own time....Succeeded around midnight last night, it is a tight fit, the
rear transmission exension to the main case.

I understand the the bolts that tie the ext to the main casing are the
"press" that brings it all back together..!!..??....

So, its nice to see that this tranny thing is not that great a deal of
"Rocket Science"... similar complication to an engine, just lots more parts
in a more confined area...and the added benefit of a few little springs
and some little balls.....that if i don't seperate the synchro assemblies
most all these little surprises will stay in their respectfull places.

Looks like all I am heading into is 4 Baulk Rings, one needle bearing
cluster and two shims...and two seals and the case seals.... Yippy....

and another day.....

Regards..
Jim