Damask Red and A-Series cams

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Damask Red and A-Series cams
From: Michael T Chaffee <mchaffee@dcl-nxt42.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 12:53:53 -0500 (CDT)
Thanks everyone, for telling me that my Midget's color is Damask Red.
Much appreciated. `

Colin Brace - Yes, Malaga is a lovely color.  My 2002 was malaga when it
was painted, but it has deteriorated into a purplish color after 10yrs. or
so.

And now for the exciting part of the message.  Does anyone out there have
experience with good hot street/mild race cams for a 1275?  Vizard seems
to like the Kent 266 Megadyne, and VB has it for a pretty decent price.
Anyone out there used/using this cam?  Any other particularly recommended
cams?  This will be for an autocross car, so I will have to have decent
running down to 2000, preferably down to 1500 rpm.  At the present time,
the car will have a stock head with 9.5:1 Powermax pistons and either SUs
or a Dellorto sidedraft.  Any hints?

Cheers!

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@sumter.cso.uiuc.edu