Original Steel wheels '73 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Original Steel wheels '73 MGB
From: "JOHN WHITEHEAD" <WHITEJ@sunynassau.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 13:02:19 EST
I'm new to this listserv but can already see then benefits!!  I hope
this  is  being  directed  to the  right  place,   well  here goes...

I  have a '73 MGB  that a previous owner  (unknown) replaced all the
wheels  with some cheap double basket  spokes (now well beyond help).
I  believe that  the car  was originally  equiped with  steel wheels
(spare) and would like to put the car back to (as close as possible)
that  condition (besides  the fact  that the  offset on  the present
wheels  causes the  rear tires  to rub on  the wells).   I've looked
at  Moss and Victoria for either replica or original's and have only
found  spoke's.  Can anyone  recommend a source  for the originals,
and are the  steel wheels actually original???

                                John W.
                                Shoreham, NY
                                whitej@sunynassau.edu