Re: diff. questions, MkII

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: diff. questions, MkII
From: VRHS43A@prodigy.com (MR JOHN H TWIST)
Date: Wed, 03 May 1995 21:57:44 EDT

 Maybe someone someday can also tell me how the heck it got that name, and
don't tell me because it's shaped like a banjo (unless that is the correct
answer).

Indeed, I never for a moment doubted that the shape is precisely why it is
called a banjo.  Why this banjo has two diametrically-opposed finger
boards, I don't know, but it does look like a banjo.  Similarly, banjo
fittings on fuel pumps, etc, look like banjos.

Allen Bachelder

I'm with Allen -- the fuel, emission, clutch, brake, and oil fittings are
commonly referred to as "banjo fittings" precisely BECAUSE they look like a
banjo!

John H Twist