Re: Rob's ignition.

Subject: Re: Rob's ignition.
From: John Van Valkenburgh <jvan@nando.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 1995 06:40:16 -0400 (EDT)
>Can anyone help me out.  I am restoring a 72 MGB myself.   The engine runs
>rough, and lacks power at low RPM's.  I have timed it, and adjusted the dual
>SU carbs.  It seems not to be firing in cylinders #1&2.  I can remove the
>plug wires with little or no effect to engine idle.  If I do this with
>cylinders #3&4 the engine will die.  I know the plugs are getting juice,
>because if I unplug the plug wires and put in a spack plug, the plug fires
>when the car is turned over.  Can you give me some hint...

The fact that the problem seems to be in 1 and 2 leads me to believe that
you still have a problem in the left carb.  Does this carb respond when
you try to adjust it?  Are the plugs in 1&2 getting wet?  Have you done a
compression test to see if there is some valve or head gasket trouble?
I would head in that direction...

Good luck,
John Van Valkenburgh
Raleigh, NC