MGB Clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Clutch
From: atf@scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au (Arthur Freeman )
Date: Tue, 16 May 95 13:12:22 EST
Jeff Heferman wrote to ask about his clutch problem.

Well Jeff,
I had a very similar problem with my B, but the problem was not
the throwout bearing.  My problem was the pressure plate.

The central thingy to which all the fingers of the pressure plate
was a bit loose in one direction, and occasionally the clutch would
work OK, but mostly it did not fully disengage the drive.  This was
worst in reverse, since my B has synchro on the forward gears.

However a new pressure plate cured the problem, and while I was in there,
I replaced the friction plate and the thrust (throwout) bearing also.

Good luck,

Arthur down under
,