Air Pump Brackets

To: mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Pump Brackets
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 May 1995 15:50:05 -0600 (MDT)
I'll try and keep this brief.
I need advice on the bracket that holds the air pump in place on a '78
Midget.

I stupidly presumed that the bracket and fittings from my '75 Spitfire
would work, same engine, 1500cc.

>From my Midget Haynes book, original BL Spitfire book, photocopy from
Colorado Emissions Dept. and Victoria British catalogs, I can now see
that it's a different set up on each car, (same air pump though.)

The Midget came from Florida 18 months ago and needs the air pump and
bracket, plus catalytic converter to pass emisssions.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN OBTAIN THE BRACKET? Or does someone have a
used one I could buy.  Other than this I'm gonna have to make one!
I don't mind making one, but it's awkward to measure exactly what
it should be like.
Page 75 of the '95 Spring edition of the Vic. Brit. catalog shows the bracket.

Even if someone could send me a cardboard template of their bracket it
would help.
(Incidentally, I've made a cardboard template of the Spitfire bracket in
case anyone should need it in the future.  I'd be glad to photocopy it
and mail it off.)

Sincerely,

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences