Richmond VA Brit Car Day (non-tech !)

To: yBritish-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Richmond VA Brit Car Day (non-tech !)
From: Joanne Hershfield/Jim Fink <hershfld@email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 23:51:13 -0400 (EDT)

Many thanks to Ken Nachman and the Richmond Triumph Register for hosting a
wonderfull British Car Day this last Sunday the 21st. Weather was lovely, a
bit warm in the sun after noon, but fun nonetheless.

Daniel Eskanazi ('60 AH-3000 MkI-BRG) & I ('69 MGB - "pseudo silver") drove up
from Chapel Hill, NC leaving early AM, arriving around 11:00 and staying till
2:30, we were anxious to drive back on those Virginia back roads with trees
shielding us from the sun, actually quite cool in some of those tree covered
glades along Hwy 1 (yes there is a nice Hwy 1 in the east too.!). Gillian, 11
learned about air currents and moving fingers up and down in the breeze with
lots of giggles.

A very respectable showing of cars, lots of MGB's, even more Rubber bunpered
ones, only two MGB-GT's (it was hot in the afternoon). And triumphs, you guys
have a great bunch of triumph folks up there... Some wonderfully done 3's and
4A's and 6's. A couple of prize lotuses and XKE's, a serious pair of Better-
Than-Grey-Poupon Bentley's, one Morgan 4x4, many Healey's, the list goes on.....
Highlight for me was Mr. Blankenships '69? Show car MGB.... Gosh......, the kind
that never drives or has the top down, till after it wins a really big show....,
a real treat to see such meticulous care to detail in restoration, as were many
of the triumphs and other MGB,s and several in each Marque's class .....

well enough bandwidth for me...

Ken, sorry I missed finding you, the two times I asked you were chasing fires...
a fine job ya'll. I did enjoy meeting Charles Edwards from Virgina
Beach, nice job on the Rubber to Chrome bumpered car conversion, and part
of his familly. And Daniel, I enjoyed the drive, sorry that my navigation led us
to cross a dam near Rd 601, that was not crossable, and that a kind Virginan in
his pick-up escorted us to the other side...., then back in the saddle again...
T'was a wonderfull excuse to purchase and use the Back Roads Atlas to VA.

A non-lbc related highlight of the trip was a pit stop along Hwy 1, a
couple from Jersey on their HOG were heading to Atlanta and stopped for a
cool drink as we did, then we all wandered over to the Virginia Quality BB-Q
stand next to the Gas Station.... Good Stuff, and VAROOOM a NEW BLACK VIPER
pulls up... No Plates..... a very smillin' owner and a buddy were
cruisin' from NY to NC to get Insurance (one way to beat 10K a year in
insurance c/o NY... WOW...) and then to Idianapolis by next weekend...,
so keep your eyes out... its a very interesting car, first '95 I've seen,
all black, grey interior.... we all received a small shower of pebbles
about 20 seconds after he PEELED away from the station.... , our cars
were lucky.. not a ding...

Thanks again RTR for a fun day and a nice drive and see ya'll next year.

Jim Fink
Chapel Hill, NC
'69 (Silver now - and originally and soon to be BRG again) MGB
'71 (Bedoin - Dark Tan, or Sand) MGB

So, who is going to Tanglewood, sponsored by the TRIAD Austin Heally Club the
June 10-11th weekend....,

and what about SOL T-Shirts..., are orders still available with the
Print Co. we set that up with last year or two ago..?