The directory, octane, Indy, and everything

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The directory, octane, Indy, and everything
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 07:52:00 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Changes and additions that I've received since posting the 5/95 directory
yesterday will be encorporated into the *next* edition, due out sometime
in... oh... maybe August.  Keep those cards and letters coming!  Don't
worry, tho, I have ample space on my electronic brain here to store your
postings.  OTOH, please don't send me back the entire directory in a reply
to tell me I got your e-mail address wrong!  :-)

Thanks to all who submitted materials.  List members can show their
appreciation by finding me a really solid bugeye or Morgan +4 project car at
a deep dish discount price!  I'd accept a TVR Grantura MkIII also.

Will "Dr. Directory" Zehring

P.S.  For Ira:  I burn 93 octane, on the advice of members of my local
car-guy support group and get about 20 mpg on a three-main approx. 1000
miles post rebuild (at $1.34 per gallon, I appreciate every mpg!).   This is
a mix of local and highway travel.  Is it true that mileage will improve
after a fresh rebuild?

P.P.S.  Non-lbc-content: did anyone see the Nova last night on PBS, "Fast
Cars?"  It was a nicely done program on Indy cars, the search for speed and
stability, and the physiology and psychology of being an Indy driver.  Some
irony there as they covered Rahal's (sp?) failure to qualify at Indy in '93.
 I wonder if Roger, Little Al and Emmerson were watching?  :-(