Fuel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel
From: spatchel@radford.com (Steve Patchel)
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 15:32:08 -0700
Have been seeing all the e-mail re:fuel. I have a 71 MGB (and am the
origional owner-some people never learn), engine rebuilt about 15,000 miles
ago, fuel milage 18-20 depending on conditions.

Here in California we have "politically-correct" fuel. This translates into
no matter what brand of fuel or octane level you use the engine "runs on",
pings, etc. I have resorted to adding an octaine boost approximately every
3rd tank full-up.

The brand I use is called "106 Octane". I get improved power, no "run on" or
pings, the engine runs cooler, and I get some milage improvement. The
additive costs about US$6.00.
Stephen M. Patchel
spatchel@radford.com
408-954-0968 X214