Seat Belts in T types

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat Belts in T types
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 01:42:34 -0400
Gentlemen, I implore you to get those belts installed ASAP!!! and please do
make them 3 point shoulder belts too.   Yea I know this is tacky in a T type
but last July 29 made me a believer when I T-boned the 4 dr Chevy.    I had a
lap belt on which kept me in the car. Had I been thrown out, there is a good
chance I would have been run over by the Chevy or my TA or by one of the
other vehicles swerving to miss the accident.  It was bolted using one of the
bolts that hold the tunnel to the plywood on one side and to the angle iron
frame on the other.  Both backed up with very large and heavy washers.  These
bolts did not come loose but lots else did and the steering wheel boss makes
a nice dent in your sternum.  You cannot stop your forward momentum with your
arms in this type of crash.  That is why you need the shoulder harness.  Bolt
it to the top of the wheel well and back it up with a large hunk of metal.
Believe me you will have a much better chance of surviving a crash even if
some of the bolts were to start pulling out....there would still be a lot of
energy absorbed.  There is enough of an angle iron frame in the T types to
give the seat belts good purchase.........DO IT NOW!
Terry