Re: broken speedo on 68 B

To: dedwards@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu, gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: broken speedo on 68 B
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 15:40:05 -0400
> On Mon, 29 May 1995, The Warped Goat wrote:
>> I took my B on a 150 mile run to    day and after 120 miles the speedometer,
>> which had been reading a steady 70 mph, droppped to zero and stayed there.
>
> To which Ray Gibbons replied....

> I would say one of two things is wrong.  When the speedometer drops to
> zero, either the speedometer is broken, or the car has stopped.  It is a
> good idea to look out the side window to make a preliminary determination
> of the problem, otherwise getting out to see what is wrong can be painful.

Once you follow Ray's infallable advice and you find that the
speedometer indeed reads zero even when the car is moving, you may find
a broken speedometer, broken speedometer drive cable, or a broken
speedometer drive (in the transmission). The Speedometer is a
mechanical device so LUCAS cannot rein over it.

- -Comments Welcome!

- -Mark    = =o&o