How fast is fast?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How fast is fast?
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 08:00:07 +0500
Miq Millman writes:

>As he passed me I caught a glimpse of his digital dash, the speedometer read
>48 mph.

Ahhh, the secret weapon of the lbc revealed!!  The thrill of *perceived*
speed is *always* superior to that of actual speed: enhanced by a gutsy
engine (aka lousy tappet noise insulation), a convertible top (aka wind &
rain in your face), a ground hugging ride (aka wow, that truck's tires are
big!), that "seat of your pants" feel (aka no front stabilizer bar), and an
occasional diff. whine (aka better check that fluid).

Will "you heard it here first" Zehring