Jaguar E-type for sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: Jaguar E-type for sale
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 17:24:30 +0500
Fellow fiends:

It is official: I'm putting my '67 E-type coupe up for sale.  I am posting
this to several car lists, some perhaps more appropriate than others (with
appologies for wasted band width).

FOR SALE:  1967 Jaguar E-type coupe (series 1).  4.2L in-line six, four
speed.  Silver (pewter?) exterior, biscuit leather interior.

Engine starts easily and runs willingly.  Good oil preassure, compression.
No overheating problems.  With the exception of  two small spots of rust,
one on each of the fender wells of the passenger side wheels, it is to the
best of my knowledge a solid "rust free" car.  Paint is in very good
condition, albeit with stone chips at the front (none dented).  Chrome is
good, but by no means show quality, as are the wire wheels (Goodyear steel
belted-radials).  All electicals/gauges work, with the exception of the
washer fluid pump.  Stereo cassette radio.  Interior is clean and
attractive.  Glass clear and unscratched; has rear window de-fogger.  Seat
leather appears to be original but is in very good condition.  Carpets are a
bit tatty on the driver's side.  Vinyl surfaces and headliner in very good
condition.  Car has only partial tool kit, but it appears to be original,
including jack.  Stored Dec.-April/driven spring, summer and fall.  I've
owned the car approximately 3 years and have done the following:  rebuild
front calipers, new disks in front, new hoses all around engine bay, speedo
re-built, rebuild water pump, new battery, otherwise just routine
maintenance by experienced Jag mechanic.  Previous owner replaced clutch
master.  All hydraulics tight and dry.  57,000+ miles on odometer (if memory
serves).

This car is a very presentable, reliable driver and is an excellent
candidate for a later restoration effort if desired.  Its taken me to
Mid-Ohio (Run offs), to Elkhart Lake (Chicago Historics) and on a long
weekend or two in state without problems in the last 12 months (car is in
Detroit area).

I'm asking $15,000 and that price is negotiable.  I will have photos
available soon.

Car is in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA (suburb of Detroit).

If you, or someone you know, are interested contact me at:
email: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu
work phone: (313) 577-4199
home phone: (313) 885-4180 (eastern time zone, USA)

Many thanks,
Will Zehring