Re: Pollution equipment and the modern anarchist

To: Jay Tilton <jtilton@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: Pollution equipment and the modern anarchist
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 11:56:42 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I had already thought of Jay Tilton's creative solution.  In fact, that's
what motivated the question.  While I was thinking about the 72 GT with
the 68 engine, a 68 GT was advertised for parts.  Aha, I thought, and the
most useful part by far might be the number plate so the 72 with a 68
engine could become a 68 with a 68 engine.  It might be a bit sneaky to
put a 68 number plate on a 72 body.  However, if your 68 car has a rusted
out body, who could complain if you replaced the body with one made a bit
later, keeping the original number?  British Leyland considers the body a
replacement part.

Considering that the junk car would likely have some usable parts, I think
it would be very sensible to buy one.  And who knows, if I look around, I
might be able to convince a junk yard operator to sell me a number plate
and bill of sale for $100, and keep everything else.  Round here, there
are no titles for cars older than 72.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910