Newbie on the list

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@MVDNS1.MV-oc.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Newbie on the list
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.mv-oc.Unisys.COM
Date: 16 JUN 95 09:30
>Excuse me for being naive, but I am new to this group and new to American
 terminology for British cars, but what does LBC stand for?

 Is there an FAQ, glossary or something for this group that newbies like
 me really ought to read before getting involved and making fools of
<themselves?

 AHA!  A fraud! A spy in our midst! A turncoat! You've tipped your hand,
blown your cover, and let the cat out of the bag, you pretender to
British car ownership, you!  Anyone who owns a British car is already
immured to the epithet "fool" and resigned to the fate of foolishness!
  Well, perhaps not in Great Britain.  You're forgiven.  "LBC" is a
"Little British Car,"  "SOL" is "Scions Of Lucas," and "BFR" is a
"Big F***ing Rock."

  How depressing.  Jaguar made the top ten in the J.D. Powers customer
satisfaction survey.  Now Jaguars will be considered legitimate and mainstrem.
Used Jaguar prices will climb.  Yuppies will buy them up. People will want
to be seen in them.  They are no longer one of the best-kept secrets of
the automotive world.

 MGF: by all means, they should be imported!  They will sell like hotcakes
in California, if for no other reason than they are different.
  Miatas (MX/5) are all over the streets, now.  they are no longer a novelty.
All those people who paid outrageous premiums to get one in the first two
years of their introduction will be the ones to pay $25,000 for an MGF.
In fact, you can be sure that they will pay premiums above that to get one.
Down here in Southern California, your car is your personality, your Id,
your method of self-expression, your individuality.  People will fight to
get a unique car that is affordable.  Porsches abound, the streets are
acrawl with Miatas, RX-7s are everywhere, as are 280ZXs, even Mitsubishi
3000 don't draw a stare.  But who can afford an Acura NSX, or a Ferrari,
or a Lotus?
  The time is perfect for the introduction of something new, unique,
as well as a nostalgia experience for all the now-cash-rich baby boomers.
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!  Before the BMW people introduce some Teutonic
perversion of what a British car used to be...

*Philippe Tusler - El Toro, CA           | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV-OC.unisys.com | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*