Suspension

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Suspension
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 18:32:25 -0500 (CDT)
I'm new on this one, my story....
I bought a 74 (I love chrome bumpers) MGB from a student at U. Southern
Miss who didn't want to tow it back North :)

I (totaly) resored a 79 Spit with a friend last year, then we drove it to
Denver.  It has a electric fan (Chevy cavilier?? according to prev. owner)
that is wired to a switch on the dash.  We hardly ever used the fan other
than while sitting in traffic.  At night, the dummy light we put in glows
softly because of air passing through the rad. spinning the fan.
I do have to admit that while travileing through Oklahoma, that with or
without the fan, the car was running hot.  It was July though.

The only problem we had was with the alternator.  It nagged us for over
600 miles.  I pulled it 5 times through OK, CO, and KS before finding the
problem.  The field (from memory, it was a green one)) wire was only
being held in place by the insulation, all wires had broken.  It took the
fifth complete disassembly before I pulled hard enough on the wire to
pull it free.  It cost us lots of worries (night driving with weak
lights) and a new battery.  (I won't go into that, but we should have known
to go on when the guy came out, connected the battery terminals together
(SPARK), then realized his mistake, he didn't have the meter on.
Reconnect, SPARK!!).

My question is for anyone that has a rear tube shock conversion.  I need
to do one, and would like to know (specifically) what shock absorbers to use.

Thanks in advance
Eric

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME - Mississippi State University
elv1@Ra.MsStste.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1/index.html
74 MGB & 85 Buick (until I finish the MG)

"An object at rest cannot be stopped." The evil midnight bomber
what bombs at midnight    FROM "THE TICK"