Re: Torque setting

To: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: Torque setting
From: Dirk de Boer <deboer@duke.usask.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 09:22:12 -0900 (PDT)

On Thu, 22 Jun 1995, Nick Benson wrote:

> Can anyone out there post me the torque setting for the "fulcrum pin" on
> a '79 B.
> I'm using the Victoria British description of this "bolt."  It's the one
> that goes thru the end yoke of the shock, that pivots thru two bushings on
> top of the king pin assembly.

I looked for this last week when I did mine but couldn't find torque
settings in neither the Bentley nor the Haines manual. The original
setup uses a cotter pin and one the replacement I bought there was a
nylock nut. Based on that I don't think the torque is critical as long
as the bolt stays in.

Dirk