Re: vacuum line route?

To: galen@wilmington.edu, mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: vacuum line route?
From: MarvinCX2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 03:22:42 -0400

>OK, here's esoteric...
>
>For those who can look at a fairly accurate early B, or in Ray's
>case,
>whoever's B he's working on this week, what does the vacuum line
>mount on?
>I have what appears to be the original bracket currently connected to
>manifold plug bolt, but that isn't right.  The new line I just
>received from
>Moss came with two mounts, one similar to the original, plus another
>which
>mounts somewhere else to hold the line itself.  I've looked through
>all the
>british car porn (can I say that on the Internet now? ;-) ) trying to
>find a
>good picture, but all I can see is that it stands on end behind the
>rear carb.
>
>So, which way did it go?...
>
>thanks much!
>
>galen work
>'64 Iris Blue B

Let me tell you something, the internet porn just isn't going to do it!  If
you want you pipes to suck properly, look to the hard core stuff.  I have a
lot of literature on just this type of thing, and the holder mounts on a head
nut at the back of the head, (I think there is only one, but if not, it is
the one on the same side as the distributor, but not on the side, on the
back).  This is obviously a very sensitive area, the nut on the back of the
head!
Have fun with this one!
Phil Bates
67 MGB